Monday 1 November 2010

Fragment of a short Novel published for the first time during my show with BCNProducció/10, Sept/Nov 2010 Time Theft Agent 2162







Perhaps my life is nothing else beyond an image of this kind; perhaps I am cursed to endlessly go back and retrace my steps 
under the illusion that I am exploring, cursed to try once again and comprehend what I should simply recognise, learning a mere fraction of what I have forgotten.

Quizás mi vida no sea otra cosa más allá de una imagen de este tipo; tal vez estoy hechizada a regresar y re-trazar todos mis pasos bajo la ilusión de que estoy explorando, maldita por intentarlo una vez más y asimilar lo que simplemente debería reconocer, comprendiendo una mera fracción de lo que he olvidado.





Esther Planas Time Theft 2010 BCN Producció 



Here starts my journal, that text that is printed as a memory of a journey, a journey to a territoire which I discovered and that travels with me for ever.

El Barrio Chino in Barcelona is a place where my heart lives, my whole body is el Xino.

The place where I went so low and where I found my redemption.
The place where I betray and was betrayed, where I found the ghosts
who talked to me and througout me.....

What time is now?

I don't know, it feels like there is no more time out there, now or yesterday are melting with each other.

Long ago predates today and never wake up to a new morning but just
a looping old new day again.

The souls that posses me are taking me with them to precise stages and situations they guide me and show me so that my eyes became yours.

El barrio Xino is a whole world and even if the whole time pass by it, never a place had more of the same, repeating its geographic speciality. A labyrinth, a container of lives and experiences bordering the lowest, the outcast, the free for all bohemians, the villains, the whores, the addicts...

One day of spring 2162, I gravitated towards El Xino, and just drifted getting lost and found on its dark humid streets.

Old, very old buildings, intense smells of acid urine residuals putrified rubbish, fried oil and some scent of flowers that I could not really place or see but where floating like next to the sea salt humid air beaten up by the flying doves.

Aquí comienza mi diario, ese texto que se imprime como un recuerdo de un trayecto, de un viaje a un territorio que descubrí y que viaja conmigo para siempre.


El Barrio Chino en Barcelona es un lugar donde vive mi corazón, mi cuerpo entero es el Xino.


El lugar donde caí tan bajo y donde encontré mi redención.

El lugar donde traicioné y fui traicionada, donde me encontré con los fantasmas que me hablaron y que se comunicaron a través de mí 

.....


¿Que hora es ahora?


No sé, pero parece que no haya más tiempo ahí fuera, ahora o ayer se están derritiendo entre unos y otros.


Hace mucho tiempo es anterior a hoy y nunca se despierta a una nueva mañana, pero solo a un repetirse de nuevo en un viejo día.


Las almas que me poseen me llevan con ellos a etapas y situaciones precisas que me guían y me muestran para que mis ojos se vuelvan tuyos.


El barrio Xino es un mundo entero e incluso si todo el tiempo pasa, nunca un lugar tuvo más de lo mismo, repitiendo su especialidad geográfica. Un laberinto, un contenedor de vidas y experiencias que bordea el más bajo, del paria, de libertad para todos los bohemios, de los villanos, de las putas, de los adictos ...


Un día de Primavera de 2162, gravité hacia El Xino, y paseé derivando entre la nada y me encontraré en sus calles oscuras y húmedas.


Edificios viejos y muy antiguos, olores intensos de residuos de orina ácida, basura putrefacta, aceite frito y un aroma de flores que realmente no podía ver ni ubicar, pero flotando como junto al mar, con aire húmedo golpeado por las palomas voladoras.

Esther Planas La Capella BCN/Producció10 

No comments:

Post a Comment