Tuesday 3 September 2013

Walking in Barcelona ........

How to express what I can see and feel ? 
that your face is the face of the one 
who had betrayed me 
that his face is the face 
of the one that had supported me 
every face 
contains 
the traitor 
the killer 
from the back 
every face 
contains 
the helper 
that fraternal hand around me 
every day when walking 
I see all of you 
and 
I know we are all doomed 
we float like by the streets 
that had seen the blood 
of those who brought us to this world 
ancestors, blood lines 
of hands,  eyes, and hearts
that betrayed 
where betrayed 
loved 
killed 
and where kill 
the mix is 
a diabolical cauldron 
and the abyss opens 
at every corner we pass by 
we are surrounded 
we are trapped 
we hate and are hated 
the blades in the eyes that look at me 
the repulsion in mine 
that see no reconciliation will be ever possible 
we keep at it 
the war 
that civil state of chaos 
the war 
that continues 
civilised and self contained 
but the war never the less
the crimes day in day out
our war 
was a war feed by envy 
our war 
was a war nourished by comparisons 
and greed 
but also of love 
and extreme passion 
passion for the black dresses 
that we all had to wear 
the religion 
that demand saints on us 
the religion 
that kept us quiet 
and obedient 
fearful of a hell 
but hell is here 
and is now hell 
is to go back to Spain 
to any of its lands and territoire 
Spain that has been build with blood 
and by force 
and Spain 
a place where so many don't belong 
In the eyes that look at me 
from the face that hates me 
I see the ones that betrayed my great grand father 
and we are still ardent enemies
here and now 
In a world of politics 
around recognising or not the other values 
I am made invisible by the same that once would had killed me
or put my name on the so many black List ..... 
I can see you, hater 
of my life 
wanting to see mine out
I can see how 
it all was on the most basic day by day level
as of now
we are at war.

Esther Planas 

No comments:

Post a Comment